We hope you will join the DSF PTSA for the 2018-2019 school year!
Freeman Fund Update: We are so close to reaching our goal for the 2018-2019 school year.IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO GIVE!!!Every dollar goes directly to programs and support for our teachers, students, and the Douglas Freeman Community.We are so grateful to the families who have already contributed! Thank you for your support. If you are unsure if you have contributed, please click here.
GRASP/Great Aspirations Scholarship Program
Miriam Tice is our GRASP* (Great Aspirations Scholarship Program) Rep this year.
· Ms. Tice assists high school seniors and their parent/guardian with financial aid for college (community college, junior college, four year colleges and technical schools). She provides one on one assistance with the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) as well as the CSS Profile.
· Miriam is at DSF on Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4 pm to meet with seniors and their parents. This assistance is provided at no charge.
· If Thursdays do not work with a parent’s schedule, she meets with parents and/or students before school (8:00 a.m.) or at the Tuckahoe Library in the evening or on certain Saturdays.
· Note that GRASP offers college scholarships to qualified Freeman students with a financial need. Scholarship applications will be available in January 2019.
· Ms. Tice also meets with high school juniors and their parents on Thursdays beginning in February 2019 to explain the college financial aid process.
· Sign up to see Ms. Tice through the school counseling office or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
* GRASP is a non-profit that assists families with financial aid and scholarships so that students can make their higher education goals a reality. GRASP reps are at every public high school in Central Virginia. Their website is grasp4va.org.
The College Edge on Wednesday, January 16 at 6:30 pm in the Freeman auditorium
Freeman Spirit Wear
SCHOOL LUNCH INFORMATION
Student meals may be pre-paid by using our online vendor payment program. This program allows parents to pay and replenish their students’ lunch accounts by using a personal credit or debit card. Please note that balances from last year are carried over to the following year. If you have questions, please contact the MYSCHOOLBUCKS directly. Please note that the vendor charges a handling fee for each payment.
POWERSCHOOL PARENT PORTAL
PowerSchool Parent Portal is now open and available for parents to begin creating accounts and adding the app to phones. The parent portal will give parents online access to grades and attendance. Parents who wish to use the Portal phone App will need the 4-digit Henrico code. The code is MXZM. If you created a username and password last year, you may use the same credentials to login. The creation of a new account is not necessary.
To make every child's potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
Parent Information: Drug Use warning Signs
Soon our students will be out of school with idle time on their hands. If parents are working, children - young and old - spend more time unsupervised, looking for something to do, right or wrong. Now is the time to get unneeded and unused medications out of your house and out of your medicine cabinet. Anyone who reads the paper, follows the news online or watches news on TV knows what a problem prescription drug abuse is and how it can be a gateway to heroin and other drugs. We are losing far too many young people to this horrible epidemic.
Given this situation, Bremo Pharmacy is doing its part to get unneeded or unused medications out of people's homes and medicine cabinets. As a service to the community, we have installed a permanent Drug Take back box in our pharmacy at 2024 Staples Mill Road.
You need not wait for the once a year Drug Take back day. Our Drug Take back box is available for the public's use anytime our pharmacy is open: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 6:00pm and Saturday 9:00am - 1:00pm. There is no charge, there is no catch - it is truly a community service to get unneeded and unused medications out of our home and out of the hands of our children - young and old.
For Details click here.